30 стр.
Формат файла
.doc — Microsoft Word
107301.zip — 55.41 kb
  • immigration-in-europe_107301_1.rtf — 0 Bytes
  • immigration-in-europe_107301_2.rtf — 0 Bytes
Оцените работу
Хорошо  или  Плохо

Текст работы

Ministry of education and science of Ukraine
Immigration in Europe
Country studying
Kyiv 2007ContentsChapter 1. General information on immigration1.1. Immigration1.2. Global statistics1.3. Causes1.4. Supporting arguments1.5. Opposing arguments1.6. Political issue1.7. EthicsChapter 2. Immigration in EuropeFrance2.2. Germany2.3. Spain2.4. United Kingdom2.5. GreeceChapter 3. ConclusionReferencesChapter 1. General information on immigration
1.1. Immigration
Immigration is the movement of people into one place from another. While human migration has existed throughout human history, immigration implies long-term permanent or forced indefinite residence (and often eventual citizenship) by the immigrants: tourists and short-term visitors are not considered immigrants. However, seasonal labor migration (typically for periods of less than a year) is often treated as a form of immigration. The global volume of immigration is high in absolute terms, but low in relative terms. The International Integration and Refugee Association estimated 190 million international migrants in 2005, about 3 percent of global population. The other 97 percent still live in the state in which they were born, or its successor state. The Middle East, some parts of Europe, little areas of South East Asia, and a few spots in the West Indies have the highest numbers of immigration population recorded by the UN Census 2005.
The modern idea of immigration is related to the development of nation-states and nationality law. Citizenship of a nation-state confers an inalienable right of residence in that state, but residence of immigrants is subject to conditions set by immigration law. The nation-state made immigration a political issue: by definition it is the homeland of a nation

Ваше мнение